Cablecom takes pride in being a vital member of Old Town
Cablecom was incorporated in May of 1986, locally owned and operated. We design and install voice, data, fiber, audio visual, and surveillance infrastructures and equipment.
May 1986 - Cablecom is incorporated
February 1990 - Brad Schremmer joined Cablecom as a technician specializing in phone, surveillance, and access control systems
May 1990 - Joel Kelley joined Cablecom specializing in cabling services
Summer 1991 - Started installing fiberoptic after certification
October 1999 - Moved from 808 E Lincoln to 600 E Waterman
May 2007 - Moved from 600 E Waterman to the present location of 800 E 3rd in North Old Town.
2012 - Gavin Shank was hired to facilitate the Audio/Visual installation and rentals
As a BICSI member, we continue education and training for our technicians to improve the standards of quality in an ever changing world of communications
As an active member of North Old Town in Wichita, KS we take pride in the heritage of our building and that it is registered with the National Register of Historic Places.
Keep Klean @ 800 E 3rd
In 1929 the Wichita Towel Supply expanded its base of operations into a new fireproof building to accommodate their Wichita service. The building was named Keep Klean referring to the "Keep Klean System" that owner Brace Helfrich developed and franchised. In 1930 the building was expanded to accommodate a laundry/boiler room. The Keep Klean Building is an L-shaped building. The original 1929 brick building with sawtooth roof includes and a two story tower. The 1930 addition features storefront windows. The exterior of the Keep Klean Building represents the early twentieth-century Commercial Style. The building features geometric masonry patterns including applied carved decoration, multiple-pane sash, rough brick with raked mortar joints and a capped parapet at the roofline. The building's brick facade and steel windows are attributes common among fireproof commercial construction that became the norm during the Progressive Era. The interior is divided according to the various spaces' historic uses. The two-story section housed the offices of the Wichita Towel Supply Company until it's closing in 1978. Character defining features include hardwood and terrazzo floors. The front reception area features a staircase with cast-iron railing. The building has been beautifully restored and currently houses two business; Cablecom and Belford Electric.